Before moving day arrives, you might consider getting a book for young children to help them understand the transition and emotions associated with moving.
“The Berenstain Bears Moving Day”
This is the story of the Bear familes’ move to their now famous tree house in Bear Country. Would Brother Bear like it? Would he find new friends? He wasn’t sure until he got there
Now is the time for those snacks and drinks. Make sure that the phone is available and operational during the move-out process just in case of an emergency. Make sure to have lunch or dinner planned.
Keep a First Aid Kit handy.
- Be sure someone is at your former home to answer questions
- Note utility meter readings (water especially)
- Read your mover’s inventory and documentation before signing. Keep in a safe place
- Review all special instructions with movers.
- Accompany the foreman to take inventory.
- Verify delivery plans.
- Give the home a final cleaning or arrange for final cleaning& carpet cleaning.